Quantcast
Subscribe now
Get The Machine sampler (first 4 chapters) free the instant you subscribe! You'll also receive each of my posts, fresh in your inbox. 
(You'll get The Machine sampler in your inbox the instant you subscribe!)
THE SMALL PRINT: We know you're taking a risk when you entrust us with your email address, so we commit: (a) to NEVER spam you; (b) to NEVER sell or rent your data to anyone; (c) to ALWAYS make it easy for you to unsubscribe; (d) to ONLY send you stuff you reasonably expect to receive; (e) to contact you LESS frequently than you would reasonably expect.

Home Forums General discussions Mistruths, salespeople’s personal relationships and crashing the schedule

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Giri Fox 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sales is not about personal relationships Salespeople (and other folks who should know better) accept it as a given that sales is all about personal r
    [See the full post at: Mistruths, salespeople’s personal relationships and crashing the schedule]

#31831 Reply

Jaycen

Spot-on analysis. I’ve watched this happen in real time in different environments. Sales gets away with this due to the cache that the Big Dogs often acquire when they were helping to build the company up to what it is today. Not to mention the tendency of Salespeople to make statements like, “They’ll never order anything again” when they feel threatened.

#31835 Reply

Thank you, Jaycen!

#31880 Reply

Giri Fox

Hey Justin, I agree with this is largely true “salespeople’s personal relationships add value to the extent that the organization is operationally dysfunctional”, and that sales people act as organisational bandages. They shouldn’t of course.
    Agreed also with the point about major account management, because the buying process involves 5+ stakeholders all of whom are likely to be judging the selling organisation through the veil put up by the salesperson. The end-users would receive the service directly, but often the buyer-stakeholders are distanced enough that the salesperson becomes a proxy for the selling organisation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Mistruths, salespeople’s personal relationships and crashing the schedule
Your information: