Quantcast
Subscribe now
Get The Machine sampler (first 4 chapters) free the instant you subscribe! You'll also receive each of my posts, fresh in your inbox. 
(You'll get The Machine sampler in your inbox the instant you subscribe!)
THE SMALL PRINT: We know you're taking a risk when you entrust us with your email address, so we commit: (a) to NEVER spam you; (b) to NEVER sell or rent your data to anyone; (c) to ALWAYS make it easy for you to unsubscribe; (d) to ONLY send you stuff you reasonably expect to receive; (e) to contact you LESS frequently than you would reasonably expect.

Home Forums General discussions Marketing: Inbound vs Outbound is a False Alternative

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin Roff-Marsh 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I criticized the religion of Inbound Marketing in a previous post. Inbound Marketing: Retards Growth and Turns Marketing Folk into Zombies. I complain
    [See the full post at: Marketing: Inbound vs Outbound is a False Alternative]

#29768 Reply

Matt

I don’t think it should ever come down to Inbound vs Outbound. That is the wrong way to think about this. And I am not suggesting that is what you are saying at all. It would be smart to both inbound and outbound correctly and drive sales sale performance up and to the right!

#29769 Reply

Derek

Enjoyed the article. Thoughtful analysis and I agree with the underlying points.

But…to be even more correct, ‘who is chasing whom?’ 😉

#29781 Reply

Right you are, Derek. I’ve updated it. Thank you.

#29820 Reply

John

Thanks for the interesting read Justin, and i find myself agreeing! I’m not a marketing zombie, I’m a passionate marketer and a student of business. I’ve decided to use HubSpot for my start-up. I don’t like the way they strait-jacket you but I’m living with it. Question for you: can you confirm my suspicion that it’s not about using HubSpot (or any other platform) per se – but its more about the approach you take? Or would you advise against using platforms that push the inbound-only methodology?

#29826 Reply

Suspicion confirmed!

It’s not about the platform. You need the software, but you’ll also need to use your own brain.

Hubspot is fine. IMHO it’s expensive for what you get but it’ll do the job.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Marketing: Inbound vs Outbound is a False Alternative
Your information: